October 16, 2011

NFL Week 6 Picks Against the Spread

Season: 44-30-3          Last Week: 9-4


All lines courtesy of the New York Post


Carolina (+4) at Atlanta

What does an exciting rookie quarterback, a dynamic receiver who has decided to try again and a defense that is a defense in name only add up to? A team that does nothing but cover point spreads, of course!

Jacksonville at Pittsburgh (-12)

Week 4 postgame analysis: "The Steelers look old and worn down." Week 5 postgame analysis: "The Steelers are back!" I really was heavily leaning towards Jacksonville, until I remembered they're Jacksonville.

San Francisco at Detroit (-4)

Monday night saw Game 2 of the ALCS between the Tigers and Rangers and the first Monday night game in a decade in Detroit. This is where my amazing (but sad?) skill of maneuvering with the remote would have come in handy for Detroit fans.

Philadelphia (-3) at Washington

I don't even know anymore.

St. Louis at Green Bay (-14)

I'm not sure I will ever be more scared in my life than when the clock reaches 1 p.m. on Sunday and my fantasy football opponent has Aaron Rodgers going for three and a half hours against the Rams pass defense.

Indianapolis (+7) at Cincinnati

Speaking of fantasy football, I improved to 4-1 last week thanks to Jahvid Best's 88-yard touchdown run on Monday. I got through going up against Calvin Johnson, who has joined Rodgers and Tom Brady on the list of most feared fantasy players.

Buffalo at New York Giants (-3.5)

The only way the Giants can make up for losing to Seattle last week and eliminating 90 percent of the country from their suicide pools is by covering this week against Buffalo.

Dallas at New England (-6.5)

I actually prefer not to light my money on fire, so most weeks I tend to take Tom Brady and New England.

Houston (+8) at Baltimore

I can picture it now: Texans down 14 with two minutes remaining, and Matt Schaub engineers a 75-yard drive for the 7-point loss. Now, if only he'd do it when it counts!

Cleveland (+6.5) at Oakland

One of the toughest games for Week 6. A 2-2 Cleveland team who we know nothing about going up against a 3-2 Oakland team who we know equally nothing about.

New Orleans (-5) at Tampa Bay

No LeGarrette Blount and Mike Williams is struggling as the No. 1 receiver, effectively decreasing the offensive weapons I'm scared about in this game on the Bucs to zero.

Minnesota (+3) at Chicago

This spread means these two teams are even. After five games, I don't know how that's true, so this can only mean one thing: Trap game!

Miami at New York Jets (-7)

Will Brandon Marshall be the first player to go insane during a Monday Night Football game? Not sure, but I'll be watching! Follow TylerTomea on Twitter