October 2, 2011

NFL Week 4 Picks Against the Spread

Season: 26-19-3          Last Week: 9-7


All lines courtesy of the New York Post


Detroit (+2.5) at Dallas

My fourth consecutive week selecting the Detroit Lions! (Waiting for lightning to strike).

Pittsburgh at Houston (-4)

I'm not going to get suckered into taking Pittsburgh and the points here. You hear me? No chance!

New Orleans (-7) at Jacksonville

Although I hate taking road favorites of at least a touchdown, I would most likely have my head examined had I taken Jacksonville for a third straight week. (Still confused how they didn't cover last week).

Carolina (+6.5) at Chicago

The good news for Carolina is that thanks to Cam Newton, Steve Smith has decided to try again. On the other side, Jay Cutler's body language is getting progressively worse every Sunday.

Minnesota (-2.5) at Kansas City

A perfect spot for my Week 3 fantasy football recap! I lost by 12 points to drop to 2-1 last week after receiving bad performances from Frank Gore and A.J. Green and playing against Rob Gronkowski. Although I'm at 2-1, it really feels like I'm 0-3 and on the Titanic post-iceberg.

Cincinnati (+3.5) at Buffalo

I, too, want to live in a world where the Buffalo Bills are undefeated in October. And I'm rooting for that to happen (just not by more than a field goal).

Tennessee (pick) at Cleveland

The winner of this game will be 3-1 and stand at the top of the list for prematurely raising the hopes of its city.

Washington at St. Louis (+2.5)

This is an important game for both teams: The Redskins are trying to prove their a legitimate playoff contender, while the Rams have to pick up a win to not fall too far behind in the division race before they start playing NFC West opponents.

San Francisco at Philadelphia (-9.5)

With Frank Gore banged up and likely to be limited, I see San Francisco turning to Alex Smith to try and win it the game, which could lead to him continuing his career-long trend of hitting the open outside linebacker.

Seattle at Atlanta (-5)

The home field advantage can only do so many things for the Seahawks, and one of those isn't helping them cover the spread against a non-NFC West football team.

Miami (+7.5) at San Diego

Daniel Thomas is out, meaning the San Diego defense is likely to tee off on the turnover prone Chad Henne. The Chargers have played close in their first three games, meaning there's no better time than now for a blowout win with Philip Rivers bouncing back. No chance Miami stays within a touchdown; absolutely none.

Denver at Green Bay (-12.5)

Betting against Green Bay right now would be comparable to setting your money on fire, so I'll side with the Packers at home.

New England (-5) at Oakland

The Raiders have been really exciting to watch, but aren't we due for a week when Jason Campbell turns in a Washington-like performance?

New York Giants (-1.5) at Arizona

If the pass-rushing Giants can't disrupt Kevin Kolb all day this afternoon, I'll have felt like my whole life has been a lie.

New York Jets (+3.5) at Baltimore

Matchups like this are why I love primetime football!

Indianapolis at Tampa Bay (-10)

Matchups like this are why I hate primetime football!

Enjoy the games! Follow TylerTomea on Twitter